Business Studies 1
Note: TY Course shadowing as part of work experience is available for this course.
Business with Marketing
Business with Law
This course provides students with a strong foundation in core business components while providing options to study either Marketing or Law. This approach allows for flexibility in the area of business in which students may ultimately wish to specialise through further study or career choice. It will also benefit learners who wish to achieve a qualification that recognises their experience. The course is specifically designed to reflect the ever changing world of business practices and the broader business environment.
QQI Level 5
Certificate in Business studies
This is a one year course but students on completion of year one may progress to Business Studies 2 Level 6, at CSN.
Leaving Certificate or equivalent. All applicants are interviewed and places are awarded on suitability. Mature students without formal qualifications are most welcome to apply.
The following subjects may be offered:
You can choose either the two modules from the left column or the right column, in addition to all the modules listed below
Legal Practice and Procedures 5N1394
Business Law 5N2091
Special Features in the Law Option
- Students attend specific court cases throughout the year in the District, Circuit and High Court.
- Various guest speakers such as An Garda, Mná Feasa, Victim Support, Barristers and past students give lectures throughout the year.
- We also visit Cork Prison and the Law department in UCC during the academic year.
Special Features in the Marketing Option
This course combines a thorough grounding in business skills with an understanding of key marketing principles and an appreciation of the emerging fields of social media and digital marketing.
Career opportunities in the legal area include: Insurance, Solicitor’s firms , Auctioneering firms, Legal Aid Centres, an Garda Síochána, Metropolitan Police UK and Accountancy Firms.
Career opportunities in the marketing area include working in diverse organisations within the field of marketing and sales as well as a range of services, tourism, exporting and manufacturing organisations and the digital marketing field.
390 CAO points can be earned by students on successful completion of this course.
- CSN: Business Studies 2
- UCC: Law and Business (CK307)
- UCC: Law (BCL) (CK301)
- UCC: Bachelor of Commerce (CK201)
- UCC: Bachelor of Science in Government (CK210)
- UCC: Business Information Systems (CK203)
- CIT: Business Studies (CR021), Business Administration (CR022)
- ITT: Bachelor of Business, year 2 entry
- UK Universities: LLB in University of London, Sunderland University and others.